This printing of Shadows & Light is done under version 1.0a of the Open Game License; version 5.0/4.0 of the d20 System Trademark License and d20 System Trademark Logo Guide; and the Revised (v.3.5) System Reference Document, by permission from Wizards of the Coast. Subsequent printings of this book will incorporate final versions of the license, guide, and document.
Designation of Product Identity: The following items are hereby designated as Product Identity in accordance with Section 1(e) of the Open Game License, version 1.0a: Any and all Sword and Sorcery Studio and Arthaus logos and identifying marks and trade dress, including all Sword and Sorcery Studio and Arthaus Product and Product Line names including but not limited to Manual of Monsters, Alliance & Horde Compendium, Magic & Mayhem, Lands of Conflict, Shadows & Light, Lands of Mystery, Creature Collection Revised, Creature Collection 2: Dark Menagerie, Creature Collection 3: Savage Bestiary, Relics and Rituals, Relics and Rituals 2: Lost Lore, the Scarred Lands and the Scarred Lands logo; all text under the "Description" header of any creature, spell, true ritual, magic item, artifact, or NPC's listing; any elements of the Warcraft setting, including but not limited to capitalized names, names of artifacts, characters, countries, creatures, geographic locations, gods, historic events, magic items, organizations, or spells; any and all stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, and dialogue; all artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, illustrations, maps and cartography, likenesses, poses, logos, symbols, or graphic designs, except such elements that already appear in the d20 System Reference Document and are already OGC by virtue of appearing there. The above Product Identity is not Open Game Content.
Designation of Open Game Content: Subject to the Product Identity designation above, the following portions of Shadows & Light are designated as Open Game Content: all creature and NPC statistic templates (i.e. from Size Type [e.g., Small Undead] down to the italicized text immediately before the "Description" header); all skills, feats, special attacks (SA), and special qualities (SQ); all text under the "Powers" section of magic items or artifacts; all text under the "Spell Effect" section of spells; all text under the "Combat" section of a creature's listing; and anything else contained herein that is already Open Game Content by virtue of appearing in the System Reference Document or some other OGC source.
Some portions of this book that are delineated OGC originate from the System Reference Document and are ©1999-2004 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. The remainder of these OGC portions of this book is hereby added to Open Game Content, and if so used, should bear the COPYRIGHT NOTICE "Shadows & Light Copyright 2004, Blizzard Entertainment."
All contents of this book, regardless of designation, are copyrighted year 2004 by Blizzard Entertainment. All rights reserved. Reproduction or use without the written permission of the publisher is expressly forbidden, except for the purpose of review or use of OGC consistent with the OGL.
The following text is the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and is Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc ("Wizards"). All Rights Reserved.
1. Definitions: (a)"Contributors" means the copyright and/or trademark owners who have contributed Open Game Content; (b)"Derivative Material" means copyrighted material including derivative works and translations (including into other computer languages), potation, modification, correction, addition, extension, upgrade, improvement, compilation, abridgment or other form in which an existing work may be recast, transformed or adapted; (c) "Distribute" means to reproduce, license, rent, lease, sell, broadcast, publicly display, transmit or otherwise distribute; (d)"Open Game Content" means the game mechanic and includes the methods, procedures, processes and routines to the extent such content does not embody the Product Identity and is an enhancement
over the prior art and any additional content clearly identified as Open Game Content by the Contributor, and means any work covered by this License, including translations and derivative works under copyright law, but specifically excludes Product Identity. (e) "Product Identity" means product and product line names, logos and identifying marks including trade dress; artifacts; creatures characters; stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, dialogue, incidents, language, artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, likenesses, formats, poses, concepts, themes and graphic, photographic and other visual or audio representations; names and descriptions of characters, spells, enchantments, personalities, teams, personas, likenesses and special abilities; places, locations, environments, creatures, equipment, magical or supernatural abilities or effects, logos, symbols, or graphic designs; and any other trademark or registered trademark clearly identified as Product identity by the owner of the Product Identity, and which specifically excludes the Open Game Content; (f) "Trademark" means the logos, names, mark, sign, motto, designs that are used by a Contributor to identify itself or its products or the associated products contributed to the Open Game License by the Contributor (g) "Use", 'Used" or "Using" means to use, Distribute, copy, edit, format, modify, translate and otherwise create Derivative Material of Open Game Content. (h) "You" or "Your" means the licensee in terms of this agreement.
2. The License: This License applies to any Open Game Content that contains a notice indicating that the Open Game Content may only be Used under and in terms of this License. You must affix such a notice to any Open Game Content that you use. No terms may be added to or subtracted from this License except as described by the License itself. No other terms or conditions may be applied to any Open Game Content distributed using this License.
3. Offer and Acceptance: By using the Open Game Content you indicate your acceptance of the terms of this License.
4. Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License, the Contributors grant You a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license with the exact terms of this License to Use, the Open Game Content.
5. Representation of Authority to Contribute: If You are contributing original material as Open Game Content, You represent that Your Contributions are Your original creation and/or You have sufficient rights to grant the rights conveyed by this License.
6. Notice of License Copyright: You must update the COPYRIGHT NOTICE portion of this License to include the exact text of the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any Open Game Content You are copying, modifying or distributing, and You must add the title, the copyright date, and the copyright holder's name to the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any original Open Game Content you Distribute.
7. Use of Product Identity: You agree not to Use any Product Identity, including as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Product Identity. You agree not to indicate compatibility or co-adaptability with any Trademark in conjunction with a work containing Open Game Content except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of such Trademark. The use of any Product Identity in Open Game Content does not constitute a challenge to the ownership of that Product Identity. The owner of any Product Identity used in Open Game Content shall retain all rights, title and interest in and to that Product Identity.
8. Identification: If you distribute Open Game Content you must clearly indicate which portions of the work that you are distributing are Open Game Content.
9. Updating the License: Wizards or its designated Agents may publish updated versions of this License. You may use any authorized version of this License to copy, modify and distribute any Open Game Content originally distributed under any version of this License.
10. Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every copy of the Open Game Content You Distribute.
11. Use of Contributor Credits: You may not market or advertise the Open Game Content using the name of any Contributor unless you have written permission from the Contributor to do so.
12. Inability to Comply: If it is impossible for You to comply with any of the terms of this License with respect to some or all of the Open Game Content due to statute, judicial order, or governmental regulation then You may not Use any Open Game Material so affected.
13. Termination: This License will terminate automatically if You fail to comply with all terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach. All sublicenses shall survive the termination of this License.
14. Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Open Game License v 1.0a Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
System Reference Document Copyright 2000-2004, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; Authors Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, Bruce R. Cordell, based on original material by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.
Original Spell Name Compendium Copyright 2002 Necromancer Games, Inc.; based on spells from the Player's Handbook that were renamed in the System Reference Document, found on the legal page of www.necromancergames.com.
Manual of Monsters Copyright 2003, Blizzard Entertainment
Alliance & Horde Compendium Copyright 2003, Blizzard Entertainment
Magic & Mayhem Copyright 2004, Blizzard Entertainment
Lands of Conflict Copyright 2004, Blizzard Entertainment
Shadows & Light Copyright 2004, Blizzard Entertainment
Your definition of epic adventure is about to be shattered...
For generations, mighty warriors have heeded your command and battled for control ofAieroth. Now it's your turn. Descend into the World of Warcraft and join thousands of adventurers in an online world of myth, magic and legendary chaos.
Your definition of epic adventure is about to be shattered...
Was this article helpful?